For the Lamp Lodge project we need one local laborer, who will assist with watering, trash pick-up, and as safety watch at gate into job not to permit the street folks from wandering into the site proper.
The function of a Laborer 1 is to perform work as directed, using hand tools when required, completing tasks safely, accurately, and efficiently, according to plans.
Proper job site attire, including safety boots and long pants (Safety vest and hardhat will be provided)
- Hand tools including shovel, hatchet and/or hammer, and folding ruler after trial period
The Laborer 1 reports to the Grade Checker.
The following are principal authorities granted to the Laborer 1:
- Exercise the responsibilities and perform the duties of this position. This includes full decision-making authority for all responsibilities and/or duties.
The following are principal duties of the Laborer 1:
- Comply with all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Conduct all activities in compliance with the Elite Earthworks code of conduct.
- Create a positive work environment and attitude building supportive morale
- Document "lessons learned" and share with other employees, as appropriate.
- Enforce and adhere to ethical business practices.
- Enforce and adhere to the codes of the company's Mission Statement.
- Identify any issues to superior (document if possible).
- Perform other duties as directed by the Grade Checker or Foreman
- Report and correct unsafe working conditions.
- Make recommendations for process improvements.
- Direct and control traffic at project site.
- Document times and number of loads, as requested.
- Maintain all tools, repairing or replacing tools as required.
- Report all equipment problems to supervisor.
- Use hand tools, hand whacker, roller compactor, etc. to complete basic work as directed.
- Work with skip loaders, blades, and dumping trucks as directed.